Production Estimator - Western Suburbs
- Posted: 3 weeks ago
- Location: Melbourne
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
Job DescriptionOur clients story:
Our client is a fast-growing Residential home builder based in the Western suburbs. Their mission is to challenge the norm in the housing industry with quality and luxury finishes. Due to an exciting period of growth they are looking for a Production Estimator to join their team to work across a range of new and exciting projects.
About the role:
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, as Production Estimator your primarily responsibilities are completing quantity take offs accurately and within budgeted timelines to ensure a cost effective build process with minimal wastage.
You will create individual Bills of Quantities (BOQ’s) and a set of purchase orders for each job, which in turn allows the company to accurately forecast the cost of the build and gives our suppliers and site managers the information and materials that will be required on site to construct the new home.
Your role will allow you to interact with many internal departments throughout the business. An Estimator is the last person in the operations process to handle a job before passing the file and purchase orders to the construction team.
- Completing all building estimating requirements
- Producing accurate documentation within budgeted timelines
- Creating BOQ's
- Resolving ordering oversights and making amendments as required
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of company products and services
- Excellent customer service skills to internal and external customers
- Assist with the development of procedures that meet company benchmarks
- Price File Database Maintenance
- Ensure ordering values align with accounting procedures and systems
Your talents will include:
- Relevant tertiary building and construction qualifications highly desirable
- Qualified trade construction experience
- Must be able to demonstrate previous production estimating experience
- Read and interpret architectural and engineering working drawings, soil reports and specifications
- A minimum 2-3 years experience in a production estimating role
- Good understanding of construction methods
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Good organisation and time management skills
Based on Experience - $60,000 - $85,000 + Super
Make it happen:
If you have the required experience for the position click "apply for this job" or submit your CV in Word format to email@example.com