Discipline Lead | Civil Engineer - Transport - Highways
- Posted: 3 weeks ago
- Location: Melbourne
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
Job DescriptionA major infrastructure consultancy that deliver world class projects who cover project and program management, engineering, construction and operations & maintenance across all major infrastructure sectors are now seeking a Discipline Lead of Civil in Melbourne.
Due to succession planning and with a number of key projects in the pipeline, my client is seeking a Discipline Lead to deliver projects and manage the civil unit covering Roads / Highways & Rail team.
On offer for you:
- Industry-leading package - up to $220-$250,000 Total package
- Career stability - Years of work in the pipeline
- CBD fringe offices -Close to PT and close parking
- Excellent team environment
- Worldwide offices - opportunities to travel
- Clear career paths for those who want to progress
- Help your team to deliver feasibility or detailed designs for Roads and Highways projects
- Mentor, give guidance and pass on your technical knowledge to develop the project and progress others within the team.
- Supervise and verify the designs to ensure quality assurance and compliance
- Client facing - stakeholder management and other authorities, governing bodies while maintaining a good relationship and name for your company.
- Prepare technically sound bids and tenders - reporting
- A strong Technical / Design acumen - Ideally a design background but a senior candidate who is now design verifying or delivering on design will also be considered.
- A strong understanding of the relevant software packages - ideally 12D or InRoads / MX design packages (Not essential)
- Project Delivery experience / Worked on major roads and Highways projects
- Understanding of the drainage
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or another related field
- Consulting experience
- Design management preferred (not essential)
- Excellent written and verbal
- Familiar with VicRoads / Austroads standards / design guidelines