Urban Designer (Sydney)
- Posted: 1 week ago
- Location: Sydney
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
Are you an ambitious Urban Designer looking to secure a position with arguably the most desirable Design team in Sydney?
Are you enjoying your role but thinking you could be getting more experience or varied exposure to projects?
I'm currently working with an established name in the Sydney Urban Design market who themselves work with one of the most prestigious client bases in Sydney and Australia. They work on an array of varied projects including brown and greenfield land development projects and large infrastructure.
The key selling point for this practice is the supportive and social environment they have. They have an incredibly low attrition rate and well and truly look after their team. They are a close-knit team, offering support, guidance when necessary, helping one another to become the best Urban Designers they can be.
You will be offered;
- An exceedingly competitive salary package, including numerous added benefits
- A structured environment offering training, mentorship, paid industry events and professional development workshops
- Varied projects across sectors including land development (green and brownfield) and large infrastructure
- Exposure to some of the most desirable clients in Sydney
- Regular and varied social events
- Supportive environment
You will undertake a range of urban design projects and responsibilities including, but not limited to, subdivision design, master planning, structure plans, detailed concept design and feasibility studies.
As a member of the Urban Design team, the successful candidate will work on multi-disciplinary projects as well as smaller design projects. This role will suit your understanding of the end-to-end elements of design development and contract documentation. Your high-level communication and project management skills, in accordance with the consultancy client services will also be invaluable to your performance in this new role.
The ideal candidate?
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in Urban Design or a related profession
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and MS Office
- Capability to lead the preparation of a range of urban design projects including:
o subdivision design
o master planning
o detailed urban design concepts for projects
o feasibility studies
o Urban renewal
o Structure planning
- Understanding of Sydney regulatory requirements
- Experience in project management, sketch design, design development and contract documentation
- Experience in community consultation, client management and stakeholder engagement
If you feel you meet some but not all of the requirements then you are still encouraged to apply. This team, although high-performing, are approaching this hire in an open-minded manner. You will be judged on your merits and how you come across in an interview rather than just what's on your CV!
Who is the company?
The team has a great name in the market. They enjoy an ongoing pipeline of good quality, varied projects with a prestigious client base. This company has grown into one of the big names in the market while still maintaining a family orientated atmosphere, laying emphasis on the employee, client and community. They look after their team and people very rarely leave, all the while working with varied and major clients on some of the biggest and best projects in the country.
Want to apply?
If you are interested in hearing more about this great opportunity, please call Lewis White and / or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
0410 653 932