Town Planner/Senior Town Planner - Signature Clients
- Posted: 1 week ago
- Location: Melbourne
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
This is a leading consultancy with over 160 staff who deliver major urban development and urban infrastructure projects in Victoria. This award winning company have a strong planning division along with Landscape architects and urban designers that assist in delivering these major projects. On top of this the company have a strong Project Management and Civil Design team.
This role is client facing and requires a candidate who ideally has some client facing experience from a consultancy background. The ideal candidate will bring 5 + years’ experience in statutory planning in growth area planning (PSP's, growth area framework, growth corridors etc) also planning scheme amendments and the ability to present at VCAT would be ideal but not essential.
This role will include project accountability for all levels, however, my client is keen to hear from all levels of senior planners i.e.. those who are more 10+ years’ experience as there are options at a more senior level for more complex projects.
Key Responsibilities for this Senior / Project Planner
- Full life-cycle responsible for the project from start to finish
- Planning scheme amendments
- Preparation of Town Planning reports
- Coordination of planning permit applications
- Providing expert planning advice to clients in the residential market
- Developing relationships as well as building on existing client relationships with Councils, Authorities, & External Consultants
- Delivering various residential / urban development projects with an holistic approach with our internal multi-discipline team.
To apply for the Project Planner / Senior Planner role:
- Consultancy experience / client facing, delivering experience
- 5- 10 years statutory planning (ideally a strong Victorian background)
- Degree qualified
- Ability to build rapport and be solutions focused
- Understanding of growth area planning
- VCAT - Presenting and preparing (preferred but not essential)
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Driving license and own transport
In Return you will be offered:
- Years of work in the pipeline
- Reputable company who look after their staff
- Career progression opportunities
- Competitive salary that falls in line with your experience
- Large innovative team to help deliver
- Management / mentoring opportunities
This is a well-known organization who are in a strong period of growth, they will not disappoint. Please call Lewis White - 0410 653 932