Town Planner/Senior Planner - Private Practice wants Public Sector Candidates
- Posted: 2 weeks ago
- Location: Melbourne
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
Job DescriptionThe opportunity?
Are you an ambitious Planner or Senior Planner currently working for local government and are keen to work for a private practice?
Are you working for a private practice currently but feel you could be getting more experience or varied exposure to projects?
I'm currently working with an established name in the Melbourne planning market who themselves work with one of the most desirable client bases in Victoria. They work on an array of varied projects including brown and greenfield land development projects and large infrastructure.
The key selling point for this practice is the supportive and social environment they have. They have an incredibly low attrition rate and well and truly look after their team. They are a close-knit team, offering support, guidance when necessary, helping one another to become the best planners they can be.
You will be offered;
- An exceedingly competitive salary package, including numerous added benefits
- A structured environment offering training, mentorship, paid industry events and professional development workshops
- Varied projects across sectors including land development (green and brownfield) and large infrastructure
- Exposure to some of the most desirable clients in Victoria
- Regular and varied social events
- Supportive environment
What will your role involve?
- Preparing and submitting different types of planning applications
- Providing planning advice on projects, such as developments (including ResCode analysis)
- Negotiating with the relevant government authorities and stakeholders
- Preparing all of the necessary administrative elements for VCAT appeal
The ideal candidate?
This organisation are being particularly open-minded in regard to potential candidates - basing more focus on how the person comes across in a meeting rather than prior experience. Candidates will be evaluated on their merits and public-sector candidates are encouraged to apply.
It would beneficial to meet the following criteria;
- Recognized tertiary qualifications in Town Planning
- Knowledge of the Victorian planning scheme and legislation
- Experience with the development of In-Fill and multi-unit sites
- Demonstrated experience in Victoria in a similar consultancy role with statutory planning and subdivision experience
- Experience of Commercial & Recreational projects
- A high level of professionalism and technical understanding when dealing with stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Who is the company?
The team has a great name in the market. They enjoy an ongoing pipeline of good quality, varied projects with a prestigious client base. Finding its roots in the 80s, this company has grown into one of the big names in the market while still maintaining a family orientated atmosphere, laying emphasis on the employee, client and community.
Want to apply?
If you are interested in hearing more about this great opportunity, please call Lewis White and / or email your CV to email@example.com
Lewis White - Planning Consultant
0410 653 932