- Posted: 6 days ago
- Location: Melbourne
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
Job DescriptionESTIMATOR – MEDIUM DENSITY/SEMI-COMMERCIAL PROJECTS – SOUTH EAST METRO MELBOURNE
My client is a growing Medium Density Builder and are currently seeking an experienced Estimator with volume, custom or medium density experience to join their team on a permanent basis in their South Eastern suburb head office.
My client operates in the domestic and semi commercial market and have been successful in delivering medium to large scale projects to the value of $10m - $30m around Metro Melbourne for the last 15 years.
You will report into the Estimating Manager and provide accurate and timely estimates for the business on all projects to ensure required margins and profitability targets are met.
My client has a healthy pipeline of up to projects and will strategically grow the business with this workflow, opening an opportunity to grow with the business into a leadership/senior role within the Estimating team. This is a great opportunity to refine your skillset and make your mark working with a quality team in the medium density/semi commercial industry.
You will get to be involved with projects that can last between 8 – 15 months and work with internal and external stakeholders further developing your industry knowledge.
This is a fantastic opportunity to move into the semi-commercial space which will assist you to move into the commercial sector if this is a long-term goal of yours.
- Ensure all quantities are accurate & accounted for to produce detailed bills of quantities
- Ensure tendered works, Variations & services required to produce BOQ’s are accurate & comply with company policy.
- Job cost analysis to budgets prior to construction.
- Negotiate favorable prices for supply of products from a range of suppliers.
- Review supplier suitability for each project
- Attend project site meetings with all the stakeholders when required
- Produce and update budget report on a regular basis or as required
- Liaise with Site Managers, Directors, Supervisors, subcontractors and other internal employees as the estimating contact on the major projects to achieve the desired construction outcomes
- Liaise with contractors, suppliers, architects, engineers, building surveyors and all other external consultants as required
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 + years’ experience in a similar role with exposure with a residential builder in either volume, custom or medium density.
- Databuild experience – Highly desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A tertiary qualification in Building / Construction and/or Business Management is highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of residential construction
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management & prioritising skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
$65,000 - $80,000 + Super
HOW TO APPLY
If you have the required experience for the position click “apply for this job” and I will be able to discuss the opportunity in greater detail with you.
Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0410 825 998 for further details.