Estimator | Luxury Residential Builder | Melbourne
- Posted: 2 weeks ago
- Location: Melbourne
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
Job DescriptionAbout the company:
Our client is a High End Luxury Residential Builder in Melbourne. Due to their continuing growth they are seeking an experienced Estimator to join the team to work on unique custom homes and dual occupancy projects.
What’s on offer:
- Get a great salary relevant to your experience.
- Work in a great team environment with supportive and experienced staff.
- Estimate amazing architecturally designed homes ranging from $1 to $3.5 million
- Secure company with a healthy pipeline of work
My client is looking for candidates with a strong understanding of estimating software, local construction methods, excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong ability to negotiate with Suppliers for procurement of materials and labour.
- Ensure all quantities are accurate & accounted for to produce detailed bills of quantities
- Job cost analysis of budgets prior to construction
- Negotiate favourable prices for products from a range of suppliers
- Review supplier suitability for each project
- Attend project site meetings with stakeholders when required
- Produce and update budget reports on a regular basis or as required
- Liaise with Site Managers, Directors, Supervisors, subcontractors and other internal employees as the estimating contact on projects to achieve the desired outcomes
- Liaise with contractors, suppliers, architects, engineers, building surveyors and all other external consultants as required
- 4 + years’ experience in a similar role with exposure to residential builds preferably with a custom or medium density
- A tertiary qualification in Building / Construction and/or Business Management
- Strong knowledge of residential construction
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
Make it happen:
If you have the required experience for the position click "apply for this job" or submit your CV in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org