Construction Engineer - Superintendent - Urban Development
- Posted: 3 weeks ago
- Location: VIC Other
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
Job DescriptionFOR YOU:
You will be offered on-going support and training, a company that values and rewards their staff, a competitive salary with a company car and phone, a diverse range of projects and the ability to progress. You will also have the chance to reach your Victorian water accreditation if not already there.
Salary is in the range of $90K to $120K package
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
My client is a well-established consultancy who deliver clever and practical infrastructure solutions in Victoria. With a strong team of enthusiastic and professional engineers who cover Planning, Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Project Management, the team really work together to deliver some major Land Development projects in the state.
With the existing pipeline of work, they are now looking for an extra Contract Administrator | Construction Superintendent | Construction Engineer to help deliver some new and existing subdivision and built form projects.
THE ROLE COVERS: Construction Engineer / Superintendent will cover:
- Conduct site inspections and testing.
- Review engineering designs from a "constructability" perspective
- Manage construction projects in the Residential Land Development space, ensuring that they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Manage the administration of contracts, including assessment of claims and processing of payment
- Issue notifications to Water Authorities & Contractors to enable works to proceed.
- Liaise with Clients, Contractors, Sub-Contractors, relevant Authorities, Management and Designers to resolve issues and communicate requirements/standards, ultimately ensuring that projects are completed successfully.
The ideal candidate will be water accredited have worked for a consultancy delivering land development projects (Not essential) - Others will be considered from a contractor or government background.
- Construction Site supervision of Urban Development projects
- Experience having worked in a similar role, preferably supervising construction in the urban development industry.
- Strong communication skills
- Contract Administration - Contract Engineering
- Claims & Variations
- Project Scoping
- Have worked with local councils and authorities and have the ability to negotiate
- Strong interpersonal skills, in particular, sound relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
Ian Willett - Senior Civil Engineer
03 8319 5318 - 0420 434 345